Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The other side of the fence

I found myself talking to incoming freshmen tonight.  One year ago, I was the incoming freshman.  It is surprising how quickly we shift from one side of the fence to the other.  We take a few turns back as we surge forward and are shocked by how much has past.
Throughout my life, I have had many conversations with adults when I would just listen to their life experiences in hopes that mine would gain something from knowing what theirs was like.
Recently, as I continue to look for adults to speak wisdom into my life, I have turned and realized that there are children who are able to also teach me about what life is like (most of the time they are unaware that they are teaching me about life).
Adults, children, Bible characters, Christians throughout history, and even people who are/were non-Christians or even against Christianity, have something to teach all of us about life.
We need to remember to not only look forward for advice, but also take into consideration the stories and advice of those who may be younger, may have different beliefs, etc..
When have you found wisdom by looking over fences?

No comments:

Post a Comment