Friday, February 26, 2016

Friday Afternoon Reflections


What comes tomorrow?
The sun is out and so is school, for the day at least.
Tomorrow brings rain and homework, both of which I actually enjoy.
However the knowledge of what is coming influences how I live my life this afternoon.
What comes tomorrow?  A simple question, yet one that can change how we live today.

This week I presented in one of my classes on 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11.  As I prepared to present, I was struck by how Paul grounded his commands to the Thessalonians throughout the book in light of the second coming of Christ.  What would it look like to live my life in light of Jesus second coming?

Due to the predicted weather forecast, I made a point to get outside today and enjoy a moment in the outdoors.  I spent the afternoon hours intentionally, possibly more so than I would have had I not known the weather forecast.  Am I intentional about how I live now, in light of Jesus return?  May I answer with my actions more than my words.



No comments:

Post a Comment