Friday, December 23, 2016

Home for Christmas 2016


During the final week of school, I watched a young family pull into my dorm's parking lot, unload their sleds and excited kids, and head towards the hill to enjoy an afternoon in the first snow of the year conducive to sledding. I put on my coat, and hiked up the hill to the library (pictured is my finals week seminary student version of playing in the snow.

Thankful for the opportunity to be home for a few days to enjoy time with family, have significant time to process this past semester, and prepare for the upcoming Jan-term (1,600 pages to read and write reflections on by Jan. 14th). Most of all, though, I'm thankful for the time during this season to ponder the coming of Christ and how that has impacted my life and ought to continue influencing every moment thereof (including moments of sliding down a hill gleefully on a sled and writing in a library).


What influence does Christmas have on the days leading up to and following our celebrations on December 25th?

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment