Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I haven't posted in a while because I feel like I haven't seen God.  I was contemplating on the couch today about this and realized that I haven't seen God because I wasn't truly looking.  Upon reflection, I have a list of places that I have seen God.

1. Church on Sunday
My church went through a major transition this last Sunday.  The whole service was one big celebration.  When the pastor got up to give his sermon he addressed the fact that this felt like a finish line but that we were still in the race (Hebrews 12:1-2).  The sermon made me think about what I am focusing on as my target (I find it easy to get caught up in the little targets).

2. Second-Chance at Scholarship
I had submitted my application for a scholarship to my church a while ago.  When I got in the car after small group, I asked my Mom if anything was new.  That's when I heard that the people from the Scholarship committee had contacted my drama director (who sent them a letter of recommendation) saying that they hadn't received the rest of my application (this was the day after it was due).  I had sent the application in on May 23rd so I had no idea what had happened.  Even though they had made it very clear in the application that they would disqualify anybody whose information they had not received by the deadline, they gave me a second chance.

3. Photos
I've been going through family photos trying to put together a slide-show to celebrate my high-school graduation.  As I look back at these photos, I am reminded that God has blessed me with so much: a great family and plenty of great experiences.

More of God's handiwork 
Where have you seen God this past week?  Have you taken the time to look?

No comments:

Post a Comment